Logo

Logo

Friday, January 7, 2011

Hello!

Hello! My name is Katy Smith. I live on Saint Simons Island, Georgia and have been designing jewelry for years and years. An artisan I met recently suggested I try out blogspot as a place to showcase my jewelry designs, so here I am! I have a 2-year old son and a full-time job, so I have not had a lot of time for jewelry lately. This is going to change in 2011 because making jewelry is my passion! I began collecting beads as a young girl and started out making necklaces with string and later with hemp cord. I now use mostly sterling silver findings and various gemstones in my jewelry designs and love the challenge of making delicate pieces. I also incorporate gold-filled wire and chain with swarovski crystals and other gemstones for those who prefer gold over silver. I will be posting some new designs in the very near future. Happy New Year to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment